- Cut a hole in the baseplate to fit the exact size and shape of the stoma using a pair of small curved scissors and the cutting guide on the baseplate.
- You can use the stoma measuring guide which comes with NaturFit to measure the size and shape of the stoma. Simply place the measuring guide over the stoma to determine which hole size best fits your stoma.
- An exact fit between the hole and the stoma is important to reduce the risk of leakage and skin problems. Make sure it is not tight or loose.
- Remember that over time, a stoma can change shape or size, so it’s important to re-check this step from time-to-time.
- Thoroughly, but gently, clean the stoma and the surrounding skin area with warm water and a washcloth.
- The skin must be completely dry before application of any adhesive or bag.
- Peel off the protective film from the baseplate.
- Position the stoma at the centre of the hole and press it firmly onto the skin.
- The baseplate must fit snugly with a tight seal around the stoma.
- Smooth the adhesive down, starting from the stoma and moving outwards to the edges, to ensure that the adhesive has made full contact with the skin.
- Apply pressure on the bag to ensure fast adhesion and a perfect fit between the hydrocolloid and the skin around the stoma.
- Press the skin under the baseplate and gently remove the bag by pulling the baseplate away from the stomach avoiding stretching the skin.
- Apply light pressure on your skin with your free hand to aid removal.
The product is intended for single use only and should be disposed of with normal household waste. Do not flush the product down the toilet.
Find out more about the NaturFit® Closed Colostomy Bags (flat and convex)